Sunday, July 26, 2009

All Fixed!

Tis nearly a blink of an eye since I last posted on the Blog, and I am pleased to say that the circ pump is fixed.

The Chief Grease Monkey is currently testing it for leaks and clearances, and all being well it should be plumbed into the boat within the hour! Well done Ian, without your skills we would have lost a days sailing, but instead will be back on our feet (or should I say wheels) without any disruption.

On another note, we will be measuring the float immersion of the paddles wheels today in readiness for this winters big challenge of relieving the boat of her trademark knocking sound. I know I shouldn't really say it, but it does get a little bit irritating when passengers comment on the state of our bearings EVERY trip out. Hopefully I can lay everyones mind to rest by telling you that the sound is not in the engine itself, but actually comes from (we believe) the paddle wheels which are too deeply immersed. It will not be an easy job to complete, nor are we even sure yet how to overcome the problem without losing yet another large chunk of the season-but watch this space for developments.

Anyhow,

TTFN

The Skip

No comments: